Answered By: Crystal Brunyee
Last Updated: Oct 04, 2023     Views: 22

Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students, postgraduate students and staff are eligible to request direct from CDU Library Search.

If you are wanting to borrow an item that we don't currently have in the CDU Library collections (also known as inter-library loans), simply search the title you wish to request from the library in the library search box.

From within Library Search:
•    Choose the option to “Add results outside CDU library”
•    If you find what you want, open the record and select "Interlibrary loan request", fill in the required information and click on "Request".
•    If what you want is still not available, click on "Request non-CDU item".  Select the appropriate form for the type of resource you want. Complete the form and click on "Submit".
•    Then select 'Interlibrary loan request', fill in the required information and click on "Request". 

It is recommended to add the ISSN number for journal articles, if you are requesting one. Please provide as much information as you can provide about the publications that you wish to view. It helps the system to find the article or item and sends the request by itself without human involvement. If staff intervention is needed, It makes the processes quicker and easier as well.

If you have any questions regarding this process, please get in touch with the Library staff by emailing

Related Topics